I’ve been back a week from Author 101 University and I finally sifted through all the materials and started getting to work on the 3 things I wrote down to focus on: 1) Build my platform (more on that in a moment), 2) Finish writing my book, 3) Follow up and write thanks with contacts. If there is one thing I learned at Author 101 University (besides you must have a book proposal if you writing a non-fiction book) is you need a platform! Basically, if you want someone to publish your book, you must have a following (a platform). We learned at Author 101 that there are many ways to go about building your platform. We learned that you need to get out and share your expertise either in person or online (or both)! Free content is a good way to start building your credibility, making an impact and building your platform. So, in addition to writing the book (thankfully, I already finished the book proposal), I will be putting together some free content to help others with entrepreneurship. I also have a few ideas for a kindle book which we also learned could help build your platform. So, what are you doing to make an impact and build your platform?
Get your FREE guide: How to Start, Run & Build a Lemonade Stand!
- Why Summer Camp is a good idea for your kids
- Are you ready for Teaching Entrepreneurship this Fall?
- The Top 10 Things I learned from Teaching a Virtual Youth Entrepreneur Camp Live via Zoom
- Making Lizard Soap – 13 Business Ideas Kids can Start during “Safer at Home”
- Mini-preneur to Entrepreneur Activities for Kids at Home