I’ve been back a week from Author 101 University and I finally sifted through all the materials and started getting to work on the 3 things I wrote down to focus on: 1) Build my platform (more on that in a moment), 2) Finish writing my book, 3) Follow up and write thanks with contacts. If there is one thing I learned at Author 101 University (besides you must have a book proposal if you writing a non-fiction book) is you need a platform! Basically, if you want someone to publish your book, you must have a following (a platform). We learned at Author 101 that there are many ways to go about building your platform. We learned that you need to get out and share your expertise either in person or online (or both)! Free content is a good way to start building your credibility, making an impact and building your platform. So, in addition to writing the book (thankfully, I already finished the book proposal), I will be putting together some free content to help others with entrepreneurship. I also have a few ideas for a kindle book which we also learned could help build your platform. So, what are you doing to make an impact and build your platform?
Get your FREE guide: How to Start, Run & Build a Lemonade Stand!
- Mini-preneur to Entrepreneur Activities for Kids at Home
- 7 Ways to Implement Youth Entrepreneurship Education in Isolation
- 5 Reasons We All Should be Cultivating Young Entrepreneurs
- Buying the Perfect House to Accommodate Your Dream Home Office
- New Ideas Come From Being Able to Ask The Right Questions